Friday, January 29, 2010

The Kids are a growing...










I have been inundated with requests for some updated images of my two children, Amelia and Justin. These guys keep me grounded and absolutely amaze me every day. Its funny that when I was younger, thinner around the waist and much crazier (ie: when I was single), the thoughts of children rarely if ever crossed my mind. And when they did it was always in amazement and somewhat terror. I would always watch my married friends with their kids or my oldest brother and his wife juggle their lives around my niece and nephews schedules and be completely in awe as well as exhausted just as an outsider. It made me really contemplate if kids were in my future when I was to get married.

Now having two of my own, I cannot think of life without them. They are in the "sponge" years and latch on to just about everything whether I want them to or not. I truly love to document their changes and how they are growing because it happens at such a mind blowing rate that I don't want to have those regrets when they (and I) are older. This is why I love what I do and really enjoy documenting my clients children and families and do my absolute best to provide artwork for them that they will cherish for a lifetime. I feel like I am entrusted with capturing the personality and stage of life at that moment and I view it as an incredible responsibility. All of that may sound stiff and stressful but it is exactly the opposite as the sessions are always a blast and really stress-free. Anyway, I've rambled a bit too much for now but just wanted to provide a little glimpse of why I do what I do. Hope you enjoy the above pix of my kids...

No comments: