Friday, September 21, 2007

Proud to be a member of this Organization...



A few months ago I was watching the evening news when they had a story about a Non-Profit organization based in Colorado named: N.I.L.M.D.T.S. which stands for: Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. The Mission of the organization is to introduce bereavement photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby and to help them in their healing journey. NILMDTS also educates other professional photographers to supply this valuable service to families facing the untimely death of a child.

The Goal of the organization is to provide parents experiencing an early infant loss with the gift of portraiture and DVD recordings. To create sensitive images that will last a lifetime, rather than memories that will fade over time. We believe the beautiful images of their precious babies serve as an important step in the healing process.

At a family's request, myself or another NILMDTS-affiliated photographer will come to your hospital or Hospice location and conduct a sensitive portrait session. The parents will then be provided with an archival DVD or CD that can be used to print portraits of their cherished baby. The organization is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and there are no fees for this service.

Being a father of two myself, I cannot even fathom the loss of a child at birth or otherwise. I do have relatives and friends who have faced this difficult loss prior to the inception of the organization. I have only recently become an affiliate photographer and Coordinator for my area, and thus have yet to be called for a session. I truly do not know how I am going to handle the situation because I know it will be extremely difficult but I promise to approach it as I do with all of my portrait sessions and create the very best images that I can. This organization is growing at a huge rate and the goal is to be able to provide this service throughout the country and at every hospital. I am truly proud to be a member and have another opportunity to "give back" for all of my own blessings.

2 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

On November 26, 2007, Rod captured beautiful images of our baby's passing. Words could never express how we feel about the photographs and dvd. Because of Rod, Dilan will never be a faded memory.