Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bloggin Misbehaving...








Pardon me for being a bit slack with my bloggin', but its been awfully hectic and I'm doing my best to get a couple posts in before splitting town for a Corporate job in D.C.

I did want to get several images up that I had promised to one of my favorite clients, Maggie and Jack. Maggie gave birth in June to another beautiful girl, Bailey Josephine, to accompany their other daughter, Sophia who recently turned two. So we did some portraits of Bailey and then did our best to get images of the two girls alone. That proved more of a challenge than we had hoped. In photographing Bailey, she did start to cry after a few minutes and of course I kept clicking away. For anyone who will listen, one of my favorite images that I have done of children was done last year of Bailey's sister Sophia. Her mom was wanting to change outfits and she was having none of it and in turn started crying. Of course it could have been she was scared of the photographer, but whatever the reason she was crying. Since I had images of Sophia crying, it was natural for me to photograph Bailey crying as seen above. To me its just part of a child's many moods. Perhaps we only display our children's portraits with smiles on their faces, yet I still am moved by my children crying and sometimes will document it before consoling them.

Back to the session. Sophia didn't seem too interested in the session for quite some time until finally coming around toward the end. It may have been me, the weather or she could have been just sleepy. But in the end she came around and for that I was thankful. All in all I was very happy with the results of the combined session and have thus displayed some random "teaser" images above. Enjoy!

No comments: