Monday, February 15, 2010

"Freestyling and Moguls"...



I really enjoyed watching the Freestyle and Moguls competition the past two nights with both the Women and Men competing in successive evenings. I don't think the TV coverage truly did the competition justice in showing just how steep the course is. Obviously all courses are different to one degree or another, but generally they have close to the same angle of descent. In Lake Placid I was having quite a difficult time climbing the course as outside of the course fence the snow was up to my waist. It was great seeing Hannah Kearney win the Gold with all the pressure of being the last competitor to race. As for the Men's Competition obviously I was hoping the American, Bryon Wilson, would sneak out the Gold, but I was actually happy to see the Canadians and Alexandre Bilodeau get the monkey off their back and win the Gold. On top of that it is such a great story about Alexandre's brother who is battling Cerebral Palsy. Great stuff for sure!

For anyone out there looking for my images of Figure Skating or other Indoor events from Lake Placid I'm sorry to say you will be disappointed. Those Games were a year or two before I went Digital and thus I was still using that dinosaur known as film. Couple that with older Indoor Facilities in Lake Placid and that equals very low light and not the optimum conditions for getting great images. I then opted to concentrate on the outdoor events as best I could. Please note as well that not all of the current Olympic events were held at the Goodwill Games in Lake Placid...In any event, I'll show you some of what I managed to get.

No comments: