Monday, September 22, 2008

And the Beat goes on...







As many of you who are regular readers know, I have had a rash of just stunning families lately. Obviously, I feel all of the families and children that I photograph are beautiful, but in particular of late they have been very photogenic. I realize most people do not enjoy having their portrait made (myself included), and also do not feel that they look especially good even when I feel they look great. I think it is just one's human nature. In any sense, I once again photographed a beautiful family over the weekend and really enjoyed the whole experience. As I often like to do, we started out at their home with some more formal, yet casual portraits on a rich black background. This is often my "warming up" time with the kids to try and get them comfortable and relaxed in front of my camera. Mom was a little concerned with her youngest, Ryan, being okay with the flash going off but I didn't notice any problems whatsoever as he seemed to be a natural. Couple that with his darling big sis striking pose after pose and we created some incredible portraits. I really enjoyed the ones of her jumping in the air with her "Princess" dress. I have to admit that her Dad did a great job of getting her to practice her poses while I was setting up my equipment.

And talk about similarities, both children were born within weeks of my kids along with following the same gender/age. After we did the formal background we opted to venture to the Park for some fun type of portraits. My only regret is that I may have had them expend too much energy at home because at the park they seemed to lose some wind from their sails... All in all I was very happy with the session and hope you agree with the small sampling that you see above!

No comments: