Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Front Lobby Images for PLAY in Roswell







I was extremely honored and excited to get a call in June from Colleen MacDonald who owns PLAY in Roswell. This is the new and improved home of her former Activity center for kids, The Playroom, in Marietta. She and I became friends last year when I offered to provide her with some gift certificates for various events she had at her aforementioned location. I then also did a portrait session of herself and her daughter for the holidays. Anyway, she contacted me and asked me if I would produce some images of kids playing in her new location that she could then display in the front lobby. Of course I jumped at the chance as it would be not only a fun opportunity to get creative but also be great exposure in her incredible facility. She basically gave me free reign to Play and be artistic. It certainly wasn't hard to find willing models as all the kids there were absolutely beaming with excitement as they were going from one area to the next. My "concept" was to not only capture great portraits of the kids enjoying the facility but to do it in a visually graphic way. By this I mean I would utilize the play areas and objects that the kids were using and the different shapes of each. For instance you can dive into a pit of foam squares, play with large balls or get into a pool of multi-colored balls. Go through a tunnel or slide down a curvy slide...

Anyway, I cannot wait to create more images as she continues to grow and expand her facility. She has plans for a rock climbing wall among other things. But if you have not visited yet, I strongly suggest doing so as it is awesome. They have daycare facilities for the kids, Wifi for adults, a private changing and nursing area for new moms and many other amenities. The images I produced as well as a partial view of her lobby can be seen above. I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments: